Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sherlock Puzzling Awesome Holmes!

Sunday, January 10, 2010
The GOOD:
Great Cinematography, the way the explanations are presented both before and after each event unfolds. Great acting as always from Robert Downey(as what we've seen in his recent IronMan). Robert Downey didn't actually had a strong Brit/English accent which was good for most audiences who are not used to hearing such accent.

The BAD:
English accents and dialects vary widely across England (setting of Sherlock Holmes), it takes some getting used to for you to understand every word uttered by all characters. "huh? what did he just say" moments are expected (unless you're watching at home with Subtitles).

The Everything Else:
I remember seeing the teaser of Sherlock Holmes back when we watched A Christmas Carol of Jim Carey last November 2009. Immediately after seeing the trailer Mich and I have immediately made up our minds, we are so watching this movie!

Sherlock Holmes movie poster in Greenbelt 1

Although we had different reasons (for her it was... yeah "Robert Downey Jr.") :D haha and as for me, I was always a fan of puzzle solving shows may it be Anime or TV series like CSI, and not being able to read books of Sherlock Holmes, this was absolutely a chance that I couldn't let go.

As a habit of mine, I always drop by www.IMDB.com to check the rating of the movie that I'm about to watch, and since I also got to watch Zombieland a few days ago, I did a comparison of their ratings...

At the entrance of Cinema 2 (Mich handing over our tickets)

Zombieland had a rating of 8 while Sherlock Holmes got an average score of 7.8
A 0.2 difference, showing Zombieland was slightly better.

Well you can't really directly compare the two movies since they're of different genre (Comedy and Mystery Thriller) but I guess it all boils down to the enjoyment, since Zombieland is a straight movie showing the brighter comic side of a Zombie Outbreak... Sherlock Holmes on the other hand will keep you thinking and puzzled with questions that are left to be answered only at the last 30 minuites or so of the movie.

Our Movie Tickets! SherlockHolmes was already sold out in GBelt3 lol..

For the first time ever, I'm disagreeing with IMDB.com. I definitely enjoyed Sherlock Holmes better, but to be fair, it's actually a matter of taste. I have seen so many Zombie Films already which may probably be the reason why I couldn't really consider what I'm seeing as something "new" but don't get me wrong, Zombieland's every bit as entertaining.

As for Sherlock Holmes, yes I'm also fond of Detective shows, and that's actually what makes it entertaining, with Mystery shows, it's never the same. There's always a new Puzzle waiting to be solved, new clues to analyze, new truths waiting to be deduced.

The Movie also had an open ending, which definitely spells out a Part 2 for everyone to look out for!

Make sure you get to watch Both movies (Sherlock Holmes and Zombieland), it's worth every cent!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BlitzMacalma.blogspot.com© Copyright BlitzMacalma.Blogspot.Com All rights reserved.